The Abandoned Baby is a reversal Japanese candlestick pattern that is formed by three candles: one doji and two candles with bodies.
Before AND after the doji, there is a gap.
The shadows on the doji must completely gap below or above the shadows of the first and third candle.
There are two types of Abandoned Baby:
- Bullish Abandoned Baby
- Bearish Abandoned Baby
The Abandoned Baby pattern is fairly rare as the price movements need to meet specific criteria in order to create the pattern. candlestick trading
To identify an Abandoned Baby pattern, look for the following criteria:
Bullish Abandoned Baby
- There must be a large black (or red) candlestick in a downtrend.
- The black candle must be followed by a doji that gaps below the close of the first candle.
- The last candle in the three-candlestick pattern must be white (or green) and open above the doji.
Bearish Abandoned Baby
- There must be a large white (or green) candlestick in an uptrend.
- The white candle must be followed by a doji that gaps above the close of the first candle.
- The last candle in the three-candlestick pattern must be black (or red) and open below the doji.
It is very important that there are gaps between the first and second candles as well as the second and third candles.
Neighboring candles must NOT overlap.
If they do overlap, it is considered a Morning Star or Evening Star candlestick pattern.
The Abandoned Baby is a reversal pattern.
After a solid uptrend or downtrend, there is a pause, a moment of uncertainty (depicted by the doji).
Then, the momentum suddenly shifts.
If there had been an uptrend previously, the bears take control and push the price downward.
If there had been a downtrend previously, the bulls take control and push the price upward.
This rapid shift signals a strong reversal.
The larger the gaps, the greater the reversal.
Forex Signals Market News by FxPremiere Group sending out Daily Live Market News and Events for the Capital Markets. Look no further for the very best Trading Signals by FxPremiere Group Forex Signals Market News.
Daily Forex Signals
- The fundamental forex strategies
- The technical forex strategies
- The popular forex strategies
- In the forex strategies articles
The most traded pairs of currencies in the world are called the Majors.EUR/USD, USD/JPY, GBP/USD, AUD/USD, USD/CHF, NZD/USD and USD/CAD, Gold, Oil and many many more… There are many currencies traded in the forex market. Each currency is then paired along with another making a currency pair. Currencies that are not paired with the US Dollar but consist of the Euro, the UK Pound and Yen are minor pairs. These are the three most traded currencies beside the US dollar. Minor pairs have a smaller market share compared to major pairs. Because of this they can exhibit lower market liquidity. Lower market liquidity will mean that a broker will give wider dealing forex spreads.